- Frequency - Mailing too often or not enough?
Many mailers make the mistake of either sending too much direct marketing or not enough. It is important to find a happy medium in order to optimize responses.
- Sending too many messages - direct mail or email - can lead many prospects to automatically disregard your messages, or even to become annoyed at receiving marketing pieces from a company that mails too often. This problem can be exacerbated when the timing of the messages is also off for some reason.
- Not sending enough messages can also hurt response rates. Many direct marketing experts recommend 3-4 messages to be sent for a specific campaign as only a fraction of prospects will respond to the first message.
- An undervalued way to improve future marketing campaigns is to test and measure the response to different direct marketing efforts. One of the great benefits of direct marketing is that it provides an opportunity to measure the results of each campaign. No other advertising medium offers this advantage. Testing different mail pieces, offers, and timing allows successful direct marketers to optimize future strategy for the largest return on their investment.
- Using a qualified list broker - It costs nothing and can make a world of difference
List brokers specialize in providing the best and most productive lists to mailers and know the list marketplace like no other. Here are just a few advantages of using a qualified, experienced list broker like The Information Refinery:
- List brokers have gained the experience to know which lists work best for which types of offers, and also have developed longstanding relationships with list owners, list managers and other marketing professionals. This enables them to guide mailers to the lists that are most deliverable and most responsive for their specific needs.
- List brokers offer a value added service. Qualified list brokers (usually members of the Direct Marketing Association) can find the best lists for each particular offer and provide these lists to mailers at the same cost as mailers would pay if they went to the list owners directly. In addition to providing free expert advice on the best lists to use, a good list broker can often even provide mailers with discounts off regular retail list costs.
- List brokers make it easy to purchase multiple lists - a one stop source for all your list needs. They can also help mailers suppress house files and/or remove duplicate records from multiple lists.
- List brokers can also provide advice on mail pieces and email creatives - they have seen the most successful campaigns as well as some failures. Lean on their experience - often a tiny tweak in your mail piece can make a big difference in the profitability on your campaign.
Call us now at (800) 529-9020 to start working on your next successful direct marketing campaign!